01 09 10

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Zebra Dresser


My boy and girl twins LOVE animals and are currently sharing a room. I have been looking for jungle themed items to decorate their room and have had trouble finding items. I have found items that are either designed for babies, or very life like and a bit scary for my almost three year old's. I decided to create my own adventure safari themed room. I started with painting a dresser.




Here is what you need:

1. A dresser
2. Sand paper
3. Paint
4. Paint brush
5. Pencil

Here is what I did:
  1. I purchased the dresser at a garage sale for $5.00.
  2.  I lightly sanded the dresser.
  3.  I picked up recycled paint for free from the Recycling Center and painted the dresser all over in white paint.
  4. I then waited for the paint to dry overnight.
  5. I lightly sketched lines in pencil to look like zebra stripes and painted the lines in with black paint.
 My twins LOVE it! It is helpful to have the dresser painted like an animal. When I have them put their shirts in the zebra dresser, they are more willing to help out and put things away. I LOVE that!

No comments:

Post a Comment