01 09 10

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thumb Print Tree Art


I LOVE art created by kids.  We frame and hang it at our house! 

  
This is what we did:
  1. We gathered two pieces of white card stock paper, brown construction paper, a glue stick, and a red ink pad with washable ink. One piece of card stock per child.
  2. We ripped strips of brown construction paper and glued it onto the white card stock.  We did this step numerous times to make it look like a tree branch. We also made sure that all ends of the paper had a ripped look instead of a straight edge.
  3. After the branch was created with paper, my two daughters each stuck a thumb into the red ink pad and pressed it onto the paper; creating flower buds and/or berries.

I LOVE this artwork made by my two daughters.  It's a favorite of mine.  I bought inexpensive black frames and black poster-board.  I cut the black poster-board to fit the frame and attached the artwork directly to the poster-board with tape.  No framing mat needed!  I LOVE that.  I can easily change out the artwork and not have to worry making sure it will fit the framing mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment