This is what we did:
- We used pony beads that you can buy at Walmart or the Dollar Tree.
- I hot glued the center beads together. (This is the part that makes it so easy for the kiddos) I used a heart bead for the center.
- Fold a piece of curling ribbon in half and tie a pony bead to the end. By tying the bead you prevent the beads from being able to slip off the bottom.
- Take the two open ends of the curling ribbon and tape them together. This will make it much easier for the kids to slide the beads onto the ribbon. It can be kind of tough for little hands to get the beads on the ribbon if the two ends of the ribbon are not the same length and the fit is a bit tight.
- Start sliding beads onto the ribbon.
- Stop once you get your desired size.
- Tie a knot to replace your taped ends.