01 09 10

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Burn A Sign

My family LOVES to camp and if you do too, you know that camping and rain go hand in hand.  Getting wet and cold is not my idea of fun so when it's storming outside, we put our heads together and do some "storming" of our own, "brainstorming" that is.  Fortunately a campground we LOVE to go to provides free slab fire wood, and it didn't take us long to discover that some pieces are just too nice to throw into the fire.  So what could be better than to repurpose it and make some signs!



This is what I did:
  1. I found a piece of wood.  Mine was a 1" x 6" board 17" long but any size will do.
  2. I traced a picture of a deer and penciled my message.
  3. I woodburned on top of the penciling.
  4. I drilled two holes and inserted twine for hanging.  If you don't have a drill, you can also pound holes with a nail and hammer then insert wire for hanging.
When I got home I hung it on my front deck to welcome friends and family.  I chose not to lightly stain nor varnish it because I prefer the weathered look.  I LOVED making it my own!  Next time I might use a favorite quote.  

No comments:

Post a Comment