01 09 10

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beach Party - Cloud Sand

We discovered that it doesn't need to be summer in MN to play with sand!  We found a website teaching us how to make cloud sand that we can use INSIDE the house!  We LOVE it!  Here is the link:  here  The "sand" is super soft and has a great consistency to it.  My Little Guy made a huge mess on the floor and I was able to sweep it right up.  I looked at the mess and was pretty skeptical, but it was honestly a breeze to clean up (and to make).

This is what we did:

 
  1. In a large bowl, I added about 12 cups of all-purpose flour.
  2. I added about 2.5 cups of vegetable oil.
  3. With a spoon I stirred the ingredients.
  4. Once the oil was absorbed, I used my hands to mix it until the flour was lumpy.
  5. I dumped it into a 9X10 brownie pan and added a few little toys and let the boys play!
My Little Guy LOVED this.  He played for about an hour.  I  enjoyed playing with it too.  Its better than outdoor sand because its so soft and its easily moldable.  I'm storing it in a bin.  I hope it lasts for awhile - at least the rest of the winter until we can get outside and really go to the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment