01 09 10

Monday, February 18, 2013

Aluminum Foil River

Its been a bitterly cold and snow-filled winter.  After the celebration of Valentine's day I can't help but to get spring fever (even though I know its at least 2 months away!).  It got me to thinking about the last BEAUTIFUL day before the winter blasted us.  It was an exceptionally warm fall day.  It got me thinking to an activity I saw on PINTEREST.  (I don't remember where I found it - let me know if you do) It was the perfect day to test it out!

This is what we did:

 

  1. Get a box of aluminum foil.
  2. Find a gentle slope in the yard.
  3. Fold up the edges of the aluminum foil.
  4. Put the hose at the top of the slope.
  5. I'm pretty sure we used rocks to hold parts of the aluminum foil down.
  6. Sail pop/soda bottle caps down the "river".
This was a really fun activity.  We had to fix the river, add jumps, changed the amount of water coming from the hose, and raced the bottle caps - guessing which would finish first.  We played for about an hour and my Big Guy even stayed out playing after I had gone in to make dinner.  We can't wait to try it out in the spring again.  I LOVED how cheap the activity is and that the boys could be creative while playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment