01 09 10

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Potato Stamps


Who knew!  Potatoes not only make a great side dish, they also make a fun craft! My Daisy Girl Scout troop had a lot of loot at their last meeting.  We focused on Valentine projects. I figured they better have a bag to put all of their items in to take home.




This is what you need:

1. Cookie Cutters
2. Potatoes
3. Knife (responsible adults only)
4 White paper bag
5. Kid friendly paint


This is what we did:

(Adult)
I cut a potato in half and pressed a cookie cutter into the potato. I then cut around the cookie cutter shape to remove the extra potato.  I did this for each shape thereby creating several stamps.

(Kids)
They placed each stamp gently into the paint (if you use a little amount, the shape turns out better).  They then created their designs onto the bags. The kids LOVED telling me other things they planned to stamp at home. Some ideas included, paper, envelopes, and their bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment