This is what we did:
- Fold a piece of brown construction paper in half. Cut four slits into it - being sure to save about an inch on each side.
- Cut 3-4 long strips of paper in a contrasting color.
- Weave the long strips between the slits.
- Glue down each end of the strips to the brown paper.
- Cut off the extra length of the long strips.
- Round the edges of the basket.
- Draw fish and loaves of bread on white paper.
- Make copies for each child so that they have 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread.
- Color the bread and fish.
- Cut out the bread and fish.
- Glue them anywhere on the basket.
When I talked to the children about this Bible story I emphasized what a miracle is and how important it is to share. Later in the day I heard my Big Guy exclaiming that something was a miracle! (kind of cool)