01 09 10

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grapevine Wreath

Welcome people to your home with a beautiful wreath on your front door!  I LOVE to change out the wreath hanging on my front door to fit the season, but let's be honest, store bought wreaths are SO EXPENSIVE!  I decided to try my hand at creating my own at a fraction of the cost.  I really like what I've come up with! 

This is what I did:

 
  1. I purchased a large grapevine wreath at JoAnn Fabrics  (I think I spent about $8.00)
  2. I purchased some silk flowers (when they were on sale).
  3. I clipped the flowers from the long stem using a wire cutter.
  4. I inserted the flowers into the wreath.

The first picture is my fall wreath and the second I changed out for Christmas.  I think it works well for Valentine's day too.  I'll probably find something green to add in March.  I didn't hot glue the flowers in place so I can just pull them out at the end of the season.  I'm saving the flowers to rebuild another wreath at a different time!  I need to find a tutorial on bow tying - mine obviously needs help.  I don't have a lot of experience in design so I tried to take a close look at the wreaths that were for sale in the stores.  I noticed that they were symmetrical, so I tried to do the same.  Let me know what you think!!










1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to seasonly update and welcome visitors. It would also look nice in the Fall with dried flowers from the garden such as Chinese lanterns, and stems of money plant. How about pussy willows in the Spring!

    ReplyDelete