01 09 10

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Safari Wall Art

I wanted a large piece of artwork to put in my twins' room that goes along with their Safari/Animal theme. I saw a large cork board at the thrift store for $3.00 and couldn't pass it up. My daughter wanted a picture of a monkey and my son wanted a picture of a cheetah, so this is what I came up with!




This is what you need:
  1. A large cork board
  2. Paint (I picked it up at the recycling center for free)
  3. A computer or coloring book
  4. Construction paper (I used black)
  5. Pencil
  6. Scissors
  7. Paint brush
  8. Tape

 

This is what I did:
  1. I picked out paint to apply to the cork board.
  2. I then painted three rows (I tried to make it look like a safari sunset).
  3. I went online and Googled "safari coloring sheets". I picked out sheets that were easy to cut out.
  4. I then cut out the animals and placed them on black construction paper.
  5. I traced the animals, cut them out, and placed them on the cork board with tape. 
  6. I drew the tree free hand, cut it out, and also placed it on the cork board with tape.
 My twins LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment