01 09 10

Friday, February 15, 2013

Old School Game- Cootie Catcher

Technology has really taken off.  There seems to be an app for practically everything!  At my house, It's not unusual to see my husband on his laptop, my daughter on her I Pod Touch, and my two youngest ones playing with electronic toys, while I'm surfing the web on my Kindle Fire. There are great things that come along with technology, but my family trys to make it a point to turn off our electronics and enjoy the "Old School" games. Here is one that was popular with me when I was in elementary school and my family LOVES it!












Free Cootie Catcher blank template is found Here

This is what you need:
  1. Paper
  2. Scissors
  3. Marker
This is what we did:
  1. Cut out the square, fold the paper in half, and crease it firmly.
  2. Unfold.  Then fold the paper in half in the other direction, and crease it again.
  3. Fold each corner point into the center.
  4. Flip it over and fold all four of the new corners into the center.
  5. Under the inside flaps, write a task or message. ie:  Hop three times on your left foot, or we LOVE you.
  6. On top of those flaps, write a number (in the circles).
  7. On the outside flaps, write a word (in the rectangles at the corners).
  8. Fold it in half.
  9. Unfold and fold it in half the other way.
  10. Stick you thumbs and first two fingers into the four pockets on the bottom.

This Is How We Played:

  1. We chose to write colors on the outside flaps so we chose a color to start playing.
  2. We opened and shut as we spelled out the color.
  3. We chose to write numbers on the inside flaps so we chose a number next.
  4. We opened and shut until we counted out the number.
  5. We opened the flap to read the hidden message.

Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment