This is what we did:
- I bought the supplies: lollipop sticks (Walmart, they come in a bag of 50), marshmallows (large white ones and a bag of small colored ones), spaghetti noodles (extra thick), candy eyes (baking goods aisle), heart shaped fruit snacks, and sprinkles (I made my own - add food coloring to 1/4 c. sugar and bake at 350 for 10 minutes)
- I divided the supplies into plastic baggies (14 kids) and placed the bags on white paper plates.
- The kids put the marshmallows on a stick and then dipped them into water. (I suppose they could just lick them too - that's what some of the kids did) hehe.
- Once the marshmallows are wet and sticky roll them in sprinkles. I asked their mommas to walk around and poor sprinkles onto each of their plates.
- Use the spaghetti noodles to attach the fruit snacks and small marshmallows as attennaes, legs, arms, etc.
- We used frosting gel to attach the eyes.