01 09 10

Friday, February 8, 2013

Love Monster Marshmallow Treats!

LOVE Monster Marshmallow Treats!  These are so yummy and adorable.  If you've spent time around kids you know that they LOVE marshmallows.  We took a craft inspired by this blog:  here and made it part of our Valentine's Day party!

This is what we did:

 
  1. I bought the supplies:  lollipop sticks (Walmart, they come in a bag of 50), marshmallows (large white ones and a bag of small colored ones), spaghetti noodles (extra thick), candy eyes (baking goods aisle), heart shaped fruit snacks, and sprinkles (I made my own - add food coloring to 1/4 c. sugar and bake at 350 for 10 minutes)
  2. I divided the supplies into plastic baggies (14 kids) and placed the bags on white paper plates.
  3. The kids put the marshmallows on a stick and then dipped them into water.  (I suppose they could just lick them too - that's what some of the kids did)  hehe.
  4. Once the marshmallows are wet and sticky roll them in sprinkles.  I asked their mommas to walk around and poor sprinkles onto each of their plates.
  5. Use the spaghetti noodles to attach the fruit snacks and small marshmallows as attennaes, legs, arms, etc.
  6. We used frosting gel to attach the eyes.
The kids then ATE their LOVE monsters.  Be sure that they don't eat the spaghetti noodles.  It was a fun little activity.  It took the kids about 15 minutes to make and eat them!  My boys LOVE the treats.  I think we've made them at least 3 times already - not including when we made them at the party!
 
This activity went along with the book, "I Loathe You" written and illustrated by David Slonim.

No comments:

Post a Comment