01 09 10

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Make A Table Centerpiece

I LOVE fresh flowers. So whenever I host a party for friends and family, I create my own table centerpiece.  It's fun, easy, and inexpensive.  With a few supplies I had on hand, I recently made a centerpiece, corsage, and small bouquet for only $15. 

This is what I did:


I gathered my supplies:  a ceramic container, a scissors, a knife, wet foam (I puchased a package on sale from Michaels for a centerpiece I made earlier), water, fresh flowers, greenery, and Baby's Breath.



I used the knife to cut the foam to fit snuggly in my container.  I poured water on the foam until it was well soaked.  I then cut Lilies 10" tall and stuck them in the center of the foam.  I keep my centerpieces low so that guests can easily see over them.


I cut other flowers 10" tall or shorter inserting them in the foam at an angle from the center.



I filled in empty spots with pieces of greenery and Baby's Breath.  When I LOVED the end result, it was ready for my table! 




No comments:

Post a Comment