01 09 10

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Plastic Eggs and Colors!

My active Little Guy is trying to learn his colors.  We decided to spice up his "lessons" by playing a fun game.  Both of my boys LOVED it! 

This is what we did:

 
  1. We hid plastic eggs all over the living room.  We hid them in easy to spot areas.
  2. After the eggs were "hidden" I told the boys to "GO".
  3. They ran around the living room collecting one egg at a time and set it in the basket.
  4. They had to say the color as they put it in the basket.  Big Guy of course had no problem with stating the colors but I had to say the color for Little Guy most of the time.
  5. We did it again and again!
 
I adapted this game for Big Guy too.  After the boys collected the eggs, we sorted them, counted them, laid them out in patterns, guessed which pile had the most - least, etc...  This was a high energy activity.  I used an adaption of the same game when I taught summer camp A LONG time ago.  We collected balloons and the kids had to say the color of the balloon in spanish.  We used a stop watch to see how fast they could do it.  It was a ton of fun.  You could also use letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment