01 09 10

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Straw/Wind Painting

Big Guy taught me a new style of painting.  He was learning about the letter "W" at school so they did WIND painting.  It was a cute idea.  I LOVE the finished project.  I'm going to try to frame the pictures I took of his finished work and hang them in his bedroom.

This is what we did:





  1. I laid a cloth down on my counter top in case of a mess.
  2. We used regular white copy paper.
  3. I put big globs of washable paint on the paper.
  4. The boys used a straw to blow the globs of paint.
  5. I cut the straws shorter.  It seemed to make blowing the paint easier.
  6. After most of the page was covered, we took another sheet of paper and laid it on top of the painting to make replicas (and help dry some of the excess paint).
The boys worked on their pictures for about a 1/2 hour.  I helped to blow through the straws - but they didn't really need my help.  I think these pictures will look cool if I make prints and frame them.  I know you can get the same effect using simpler techniques but I think it is fun to paint using different styles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment