01 09 10

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hot Wheels Car Painting

Big Guy came up with Hot Wheels Car painting.  I was feeling un-creative when he suggested painting with his cars.  I'm not sure where he heard of this idea.  It sounds like something he did at preschool?  Both boys had fun.  I LOVE how they are starting to generate their own ideas for projects!

This is what we did:

 
 
  1. We dug through our THOUSANDS of toy cars to find ones that didn't work very well, were too light, or came from a McDonald's Happy Meal box :).
  2. I drew a road for Little Guy on paper but Big Guy drew his own road.
  3. The boys dipped the cars into the washable paint and drove the cars all over the paper.
  4. Big Guy made his road three pages long!
I didn't save their final projects.  This was a project just for creativity and playing!  They worked for about a 1/2 hr before moving on to something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment