01 09 10

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Aluminum Foil Painting

We LOVE to paint at our house.  Big Guy commented during this craft activity, "Nothing is going to stop me from making a beautiful picture".  Today, we decided to explore painting on a different surface - aluminum foil.  I think our creations are cool.  I'm excited to see how they will look when the paint is completely dry!

This is what we did:

 
 
 
  1. We added a little dish soap to our washable paints.  I guess the soap makes it stick better to the surface and prevents flaking after it dries.
  2. We wrapped aluminum foil around a piece of cardboard - I just grabbed some out of our recycling.
  3. I taped the cardboard and foil to the counter using masking tape so that it didn't slide around on the boys.  I'm not sure I had to do that.
  4. Let the kids paint.
 
LOVE that we started with exactly the same supplies  and each of our pictures turned out differently.  This project was really simple.  It took about 15-20 minutes to complete.  Since we used washable paint, the clean up was fairly easy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment