01 09 10

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Aluminum Foil Painting

We LOVE to paint at our house.  Big Guy commented during this craft activity, "Nothing is going to stop me from making a beautiful picture".  Today, we decided to explore painting on a different surface - aluminum foil.  I think our creations are cool.  I'm excited to see how they will look when the paint is completely dry!

This is what we did:

 
 
 
  1. We added a little dish soap to our washable paints.  I guess the soap makes it stick better to the surface and prevents flaking after it dries.
  2. We wrapped aluminum foil around a piece of cardboard - I just grabbed some out of our recycling.
  3. I taped the cardboard and foil to the counter using masking tape so that it didn't slide around on the boys.  I'm not sure I had to do that.
  4. Let the kids paint.
 
I LOVE that we started with exactly the same supplies  and each of our pictures turned out differently.  This project was really simple.  It took about 15-20 minutes to complete.  Since we used washable paint, the clean up was fairly easy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment