01 09 10

Monday, April 29, 2013

Noah's Ark - Canvas Painting Craft

For our last Sunday school class of the year, I wanted to remind the children that God always LOVES them.  We decided to do a craft on the theme of Noah's Ark.  I wanted the children to have a special craft that they could keep - possibly even hang somewhere in the house as a reminder of God's LOVE for them.

(The complete lesson plan is included after the instructions for the craft)

This is what we did for the craft:

 
  1. I purchased one canvas for each child.  The canvas was sold in 3 packs and cost $3.00 per pack at JoAnn's (on sale for 50%).  (Example of God's grace.  I told myself that I would only do this craft if I could buy a canvas for each kid at no more than a dollar.  I went to the store and they happened to be 50% off!)
  2. I used painter's tape to mark a cross on each child's canvas.
  3. The kids used a paint brush and tempera paint to create a RAINBOW on the canvas.
  4. After the paint dries, simply remove the painter's tape to reveal the cross.

I found the inspiration for our craft project on Pinterest: canvas art inspiration and this one too canvas art inspiration!


The Lesson:
*  I introduced the lesson using our puppet, Scotty the Lion.  Scotty placed a mirror in a sealed bag.  The kids pass the bag around to try to guess what Scotty brought.  The clue was:  God loves whoever you see in this bag.

*  I showed the kids a picture of the Bible story:  Noah's Ark.  The kids explained what they saw in the picture.

*  I used a model of Noah's Ark complete with animals and shared the Bible story with them.  The kids each held an animal while I told the story and at the right time placed the animal on the ark.

*  I explained that the rainbow is a sign from God that He LOVES us!

*  We completed the craft activity.

1 comment:

  1. Painting and all pictures have been sufficiently approved for the success of the people. Most of the items have been grouped with the help of best british essays for all right and vital terms for the people. This has been dynamic or the use of norms for the people.

    ReplyDelete