01 09 10

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Marshmallow Treats - Flower Bouquet Take Two!

I decided to try my own version of my Aunt's marshmallow flower bouquet.  I think its cute!  I'm going to bring it to the birthday party for my twin neice and nephew!  It was super simple to make!

This is what I did:

 
  1. I purchased supplies at the Dollar Store.  (cute flower pot and styrofoam)
  2. I gathered my supplies from home (skewers, Easter grass, cupcake liners, and toppings:  white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, mini cherry chips, and sprinkles (I used ice-cream sprinkles).
  3. Cut skewers to size.  You want the tallest in the middle and get shorter as you work your way out.
  4. Slip the marshmallows onto skewers and place in the freezer.
  5. Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave.
  6. Put the toppings in cups.
  7. Take the marshmallows out of the freezer.
  8. Dip a marshmallow in the melted white chocolate and then dip into the topping.
  9. Slide a cupcake liner onto the skewer.
  10. Poke the skewer into the center of the styrofoam inside the flower pot.  Make sure you do the tallest skewer first.
  11. Continue the process until the flower pot is full.
  12. Place the entire thing in the freezer until you are ready to display and serve.
  13. Before you display and serve add a little Easter grass to the top of the flower pot.
Isn't it cute?  It took me about 30 minutes to make two flower pots (1 for each kid).  The entire project cost me less than $5.00 if I don't include all the leftover toppings that I have!  I think kids would be able to make their own marshmallow treats.  Wouldn't it be fun to set up a toppings bar??

No comments:

Post a Comment