01 09 10

Monday, March 4, 2013

Salad Spinner Painting Fun

I don't know about you but every time my kids ask me to paint I reluctantly go to the supply closet.  I try offering them other options because I hate how messy it is, and I hate the clean up!  Well, I found a solution to my problem - painting with a salad spinner!  I LOVE having little or no mess!

This is what you need:

  1. A salad spinner
  2. Kid friendly paint
  3. Paper
  4. Scissors



Here is what we did:

  1. I picked up an inexpensive salad spinner at the thrift store.
  2. I cut squares of paper that easily fit inside the spinner.
  3. We dropped a few drops of paint onto the paper inside the salad spinner.
  4. We pushed down on the salad spinner over, and over, and over, and over.
  5. We stopped the spinner with the button.
  6. We opened up the spinner to make sure we were satisfied with the spin art, if not we added more paint and repeated the steps.
  7. Once we were satisfied, we took out our artwork and hung to dry! 

My kids LOVE this activity and always ask to paint when friends come over.  Now I LOVE it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment