01 09 10

Monday, March 4, 2013

Crayon Bunnies

Easter is coming and as a concerned Mom I've been trying to come up with ideas for items to put in my kids Easter baskets that are not loaded with sugar. Easter Bunny crayons came to mind!  I remember doing this project as a kid, and remembered how much fun it was to color with crayons that are different shapes and sizes.  My three young ones will LOVE these!
This is what you need:
  1. Broken crayons (any color)
  2. A cupcake pan (I used one with bunny shapes)
  3. An oven
This is what I did:
  1. I preheated the oven to 200 degrees.
  2. I removed the wrappers from broken crayons I had on hand.
  3. I put the broken crayons in the cupcake bunny pan and filled them about half way.
  4. I baked them for 5-7 minutes.
  5. I cooled them for about 5 minutes and removed them from the pan.
This project was so easy and it was great to repurpose the crayons instead of throwing them away!



 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/12/2013

    I like this idea Kim! I have a new project now that the girls will love to do with grandma. Thanks

    ReplyDelete