This is what we did:
Mystery Picture Craft:
- Draw a simple dove outline, using a white crayon, onto white paper. Make the outline fairly thick. I drew over my outline a couple of times.
- Draw an olive branch in the Dove's mouth. I used a brown crayon for the branch and a green crayon for the leaves.
- The kids could only see the olive branch when they were given the paper.
- I instructed the kids to use watercolor paints to cover the entire page.
- The mystery picture; THE DOVE shows up.
Dove Paper Plate Craft:
- I drew an outline of a dove on a paper plate. Use the really cheap flimsy paper plates. My plate was a little bit higher quality and it made it more difficult for the kids to cut out the pieces.
- Let the kids cut along the lines.
- Tape the wings to the back side of the body.
- Let the kids draw the details (beak, feet, eyes) We used crayons.