01 09 10

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heart Garland

Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away.  To help my family get in the LOVING spirit my toddler and I created a few Valentine's Day crafts.  The crafts aren't fancy but we had a lot of fun while developing his fine motor skills and sense of accomplishment. 

 This is what we did:



Toddler Activity (almost 2.5 years old)
1)  I cut out hearts in red, pink, and white
2) He took the backs off heart foam stickers (Dollar Store) and placed them on the hearts I cut out.
3) I taped the hearts to a ribbon.
4) We taped the ribbon across our sliding glass door.

If I do this project with my pre-school aged son I will make a few adaptions:

Pre-School Age (4.5 years old)
1) I will fold a peice of paper in half and draw half a heart.
2) My son will cut out the hearts.
3) I will have him lay the hearts out in a pattern such as 2 red, 1 white, 2 pink, 1 white, etc...
4) I will have him write one letter on each heart spelling out HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
5) I would probably tape the hearts to the ribbon for him while he is writing out the letters.

It actually turned out pretty cute!  I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment